[Mediawiki-l] Sorting special pages [was: How can I drive these Language.php changes into my Wiki?]

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Apr 20 21:43:51 UTC 2005

On 20 Apr 2005, at 08:57, Rowan Collins wrote:

> 2) visit path/to/your/wiki/Special:Allmessages

Hey, cool! I've been crawling through MediaWiki:Thisandthat to get at
these messages!

On a related note, is there a simple way to sort Special:Specialpages?
I tried putting "sort($wgExtensionFunctions)" in LocalSettings.php, but
that didn't seem to have any affect.

>> Is there a bona fide procedure somewhere in a wiki page, manual,
>> handbook,
>> etc that speaks to this?
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents is the "official" help,
> but it's kind of rather bitty and "unfinished" in itself at the
> moment.

Of course, since it's a wiki, anyone who writes up a "bona fide
procedure" is welcome to make it available to all... :-)

:::: The light at the end of the tunnel is a man with a flashlight
yelling, "Go back! Go back!" -- Sol Stein
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>