[Mediawiki-l] Fix? Browser not always jumping to anchor in Article

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Tue Apr 19 01:55:59 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm finding that my Opera and Firefox browsers do not always jump to the
anchor in an article be it on my private, SSL-protected MediaWiki server or
meta.wikipedia.org.  eg, when going to
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_channels#Nicknames , the browser does
not always "jump" to the Nicknames section.

(I have yet to see this break on InternetExplorer, but I never use said
browser...I only tried it once for a test.  It doesn't consistently break
on Opera of Firefox, either...which makes this really annoying.)

Is this a know problem/bug?

(Sorry for a FAQ, if this is one.)

-Matt