[Mediawiki-l] Collaborative edition of translation

Richard Holton richholton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:57:02 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 2:44 PM, Jordi Domingo <jordidr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am developing (as a Project Final Career) a collaborative
> editor for translation of .po files based on Mediawiki. The idea is to
> have the interface with a part non-editable (original, in English) and
> one editable (for translation).
>
> I have looked the documentation (design.doc, schema.doc...), but I
> don't know if I should to modify the database to accept two sections
> of text (editable and non-editable). I suppose it should be better
> editing to .php level, as a BD modify of tables would be a bit
> non-coherent with Mediawiki.
>
> Also,  I don't know exactly how to have a part of a page-non editable.
>
> Some advices?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jordi

The current implementation of category pages includes an editable
upper part with a non-editable lower part (the category lists). You
could use that as your starting point (see categoryPage.php).

Essentially, you would just need to replace the part of the code that
generates the category listings with code to fetch and display your
static text.

-- Rich Holton

en.wikipedia:User:Rholton