[Mediawiki-l] The installation of media wiki under windows is updated

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 19:19:13 UTC 2004

I noticed that it says that "Windows does not handle pipes as
gracefully..." I vehemently disagree. However, instead of arguing, I
would like to make a small Win32 app to prove my point. If someone can
outline what programs need to be called with what arguments, and what
interface (GUI and Command) you want the app to take, I will code it
for you.

For you Win32 programmers, the API call is CreatePipe(). (MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ipc/base/createpipe.asp)

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:58:10 -0500, Kiss All <kissall at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are interested, Goto
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_MediaWiki_on_Windows#The_Fastest_and_Easiest_install_method