[Mediawiki-l] Getting indexed by search engines

tic at tictric.net tic at tictric.net
Fri Oct 22 10:35:03 UTC 2004

Am Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:08:47 -0600 hat Taneem A T <thezeropoint at gmail.com>
geschrieben:

> Thanks for the link but I am well aware of the submission policies of
> search engines. I was asking if there was anything that had to be done
> to the wiki technically. Like, with phpNuke for example, there are
> some rewrite settings that help in getting things indexed.
>
> The wiki I am running has been up for a few weeks but has had a lot of
> activity, yet does not show up on google, even though all other parts
> of our site is listed.

OH, getting indexed may take as long as 3 months. But when tey finally
index you won't be able to get rid of them anymore either :-)

You need to make shure that as many sites as possible, other search
engines too of course, got a link to your wiki. The more you have the
sooner google will find you anyway. Whether you like it or not :-)

--tic