[Mediawiki-l] Getting indexed by search engines

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 20:09:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:53:38 -0600, Taneem A T <thezeropoint at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey all,
> Another q:
> Are there any guidelines to getting my wiki indexed by search engines?
> Any settings that need to be explicitely changed?

Technically speaking, I don't think so. Unless your host has a
robots.txt file that denies robots to index anything, you should be
ok.

Wikimedia is indexed quite well by google. I don't think they've moded
the software too much (correct me if I'm wrong). but like everyone
else said. Check your robots.txt file, check your meta tags, and make
sure some engines get you. (I here that the best way to get on Google
is to get on other engine's lists.)

-- Jamie