[Mediawiki-l] skins

Jesse Thompson jesset at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 00:39:25 UTC 2004

Hello, I am the administrator of a freshly installed copy of
MediaWiki. I've hunted and pecked around the MediaWiki guide but can't
see how to modify the style sheets to change the look of my new wiki,
or maintain skins or anything.

I'm a pretty versed programmer, sysadmin, etc. I'm comfortable with
hacking about in CSS and [X]HTML. I could just jump in and start
hacking away at stylesheets/mono/main.css, but that strikes me as a
brutish approach.. I'm guessing either there's a way of setting up a
seperate folder for skinned files, or even better, a way of
maintaining one's css/js via the wiki itself?

Advice or links to disambiguous materials would be great! thanks :)

- - Jesse Thompson
Webformix, Bend OR