[Mediawiki-l] skins

Thomas R. Koll tomk32 at gmx.de
Sat Nov 13 06:08:48 UTC 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 04:39:25PM -0800, Jesse Thompson wrote:
> Hello, I am the administrator of a freshly installed copy of
> MediaWiki. I've hunted and pecked around the MediaWiki guide but can't
> see how to modify the style sheets to change the look of my new wiki,
> or maintain skins or anything.
>
> I'm a pretty versed programmer, sysadmin, etc. I'm comfortable with
> hacking about in CSS and [X]HTML. I could just jump in and start
> hacking away at stylesheets/mono/main.css, but that strikes me as a
> brutish approach.. I'm guessing either there's a way of setting up a
> seperate folder for skinned files, or even better, a way of
> maintaining one's css/js via the wiki itself?

Yes, copy the monobook dir to a custom_name and edit it.
You will have to add the noew custon_name to a few files
in the includes dir, just grep -i MonoBook and you'll know where
and what to do.
For making it default you have to look into LocalSettings.php

ciao, tom
--
== Weblinks ==
* http://shop.wikipedia.org - WikiReader Internet zu kaufen