[Mediawiki-l] Re: language, images, mediawiki 1.4, special messages and customization

Morten Blaabjerg crewscut at mail.dk
Sun Dec 19 20:30:39 UTC 2004

Ashar Voultoiz wrote:

> > When setting up the wiki, I decided to set up with the english version
> > of the text, which it seems I am now stuck with?
> > -is it possible to change the interface language from english to danish
> > (including all the special messages) after setup and with a growing
> > database? - which files are relevant?
>
> We are not that evil.
>
> Change your wgLang variable in localsettings then you will have to
> rebuild the messages wich are in the database. To do that you have to
> use a script in a console:
>
>   ./maintenance/rebuildMessages.php
>
> You probably want to delete them all and rebuild a new one :/

Seems doable without as much work as I thought... Will give it a go. Am I
right in assuming, that the script will run on the server, when run from the
browser subject line?

Thanx for the helpful conclusive instructions and background information - on
the skins, system messages and everything - has already been very helpful, and
will very much come in handy when I delve into further updating and
customizing the site:-)

Thanx again!
Morten :-)