[Mediawiki-l] Re: changing languages/special messages and customization

Morten Blaabjerg crewscut at mail.dk
Mon Dec 20 18:16:54 UTC 2004

Ashar Voultoiz wrote:

> Change your wgLang variable in localsettings then you will have to
> rebuild the messages wich are in the database. To do that you have to
> use a script in a console:
>
>   ./maintenance/rebuildMessages.php
>
> You probably want to delete them all and rebuild a new one :/

I've run into trouble at this point - after changing the language variable in
localsettings.php, I want to rebuild all the system messages. How precisely do
I run the rebuildmessages script, when I cannot run it from the webbrowser
(which I can't, understandably, for security reasons) - ? What is a "console"
? - is it possible to run this script, when I run my site on an external
server?

Kind regards,
Morten :-)

--