[Mediawiki-l] Newbie: Adding actions and navigation...

Muzaffer Ozakca mozakca at indiana.edu
Thu Dec 2 21:07:25 UTC 2004

I have a couple newbie questions, I'm not sure this is the right list,
though.

1. How can I add a new action to the action bar (where edit, discussion,
etc. reside). I think this might require some change in the source code. It
looks like actions are handled in index.php and other pages.

2. How can I add a new item to the navigation panel on the left? I saw posts
about changing a link using Special->All system messages but not quite sure
how to add a new one. Will it require code modification?

3. I also want to add a template feature which somewhat seems harder. Has
anyone done that? What I have in mind is, when a new page is created
(edited), a predefined template will be placed for users to modify.

Thanks

Muzaffer