[Mediawiki-l] mysql_thread_id error on Debian woody: upgrade to sarge unavoidable?

Rene Pijlman rene at lab.applinet.nl
Fri Aug 6 15:42:38 UTC 2004

Hello,

I've installed Mediawiki 1.3.0beta5 on a Linux Debian Woody
(3.0, stable) machine.

Now when I try to use Special:Askasql as sysop I get the error
message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_thread_id() in
/home/rene/projects/carriere/www/wiki/includes/Database.php on
line 461

This must be because woody has PHP 4.1, and mysql_thread_id()
was introduced in PHP 4.3.

So strictly speaking "PHP 4.1.2 required (4.3.x is preferred)"
on http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_MediaWiki_on_Linux is
incorrect. 4.3 is required.

Unfortunately, there is no backport of PHP 4.3.x for woody on
www.backports.org.

What's the best way to proceed? Install PHP 4.3 from source on
woody? Or upgrade the machine to Debian sarge?

Anyone else still running Mediawiki on woody?

--
Regards / Groeten,  http://www.leren.nl
René Pijlman        http://www.applinet.nl