[Mediawiki-l] rebuildMessages.php

Thomas Rother t.rother at netzwissen.de
Fri Apr 23 16:10:02 UTC 2004

Hi,
I have a problem with the following task (From
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_i18n) in mediawiki 1.2.4:

2) Run maintenance/rebuildMessages.php to re-import the messages. You'll
have to temporarily take out the maintenance script warning in your
LocalSettings.php to run it, probably. It needs to be run from the
command line. (This'll be cleaner in 1.3.x...)

When I start this script from the shell (php rebuildMessages.php), nothing happens, but I see no error msgs in the php log. And whats that "maintenance script warning in your LocalSettings.php"? I can't find that ...

I have a wiki which was installed with $wgUseDatabaseMessages = false; I now switched to "true" and want to re-import the german messages into the database and then work on the user interface.

By the way: Is there any documentation for the maintenance scripts at all? I could not find an overview about when to use which script...

Thanks & Bye, Thommie

THOMAS M. ROTHER  *  n e t z w i s s e n . d e  *  D-73728 Esslingen
  F.R. Germany, European Union  *  mailto:t.rother at netzwissen.de
 http://www.netzwissen.de  *  GPG Key from http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
  GPG Fingerprint B208 E204 4249 4635 19B9 B691 3E73 C8B9 1229 DE4C