[Maps-l] hstore incomplete

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Sun Dec 18 13:23:01 UTC 2011

Am 17.12.2011 23:38, schrieb Kay Drangmeister:
> Of course it is a space advantage not to repeat each tag existing
> in a regular column in the "tags" hstore again, but on the other
> side, stylesheets have to be always adapted if the osm2pgsql config
> file is changed. Plus they will no longer be portable across servers
> with different osm2pgsql configurations.
>
> Would it be possible to re-import the hstore?

In my history-schema I import all tags into a single hstore column. Afterwards views are created where those hstore-tags are mapped over to regular columns. This provides compatibility with hthe regular styles while still providing all information in one place and without the need to store data twice.

Peter