[Maps-l] Optimizing style sheets for map-tile rendering

Kay Drangmeister kay at drangmeister.net
Sun Dec 18 00:09:16 UTC 2011

Hi Kai et al,

Am 14.12.2011 05:58, schrieb Kai Krueger:
> P.S. I had to disable a bunch of styles from tirex as they were causing
> troubles including regular crashes of mapnik. [...] bw-noicon style.

Could you please point me to some log file or give me some
hint where / why bw-noicon is crashing tirex? Since it is
automatically derived from the original osm-mapnik style
I am a bit reluctant to introduce any manual changes, but
if it helps speeding up rendering, I'm trying.

However I could need some more hints about where the real
trouble occurs with the style.

Cheers,
Kay