[Labs-l] .err/.out files - is it possible that the system generates those files using timestamps as names?

MarcoAurelio strigiwm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 12:47:22 UTC 2017

Hi,

Sorry if for most of you this looks like a silly or obvious question,
but I'd be interested to know if it is possible for jstart commands to
write the output of the files using dates as names, such as
2017-03-14.out

My bot runs some scripts daily on some wikis and sometimes fetching
the entire logs to find things is rather painful. Having daily logs
would help me with that.

Also, related to this, I'd be interested to know as well if I could
set a regular cron job to delete these kind of files older than, say,
one month, so I don't waste too much resources. It'd also be good so I
could regularly clear the .pywikibot/apicache/* files

Best regards, M.