[Labs-l] [Labs-announce] Does anyone care about service groups?

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 25 22:04:54 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Legoktm <legoktm.wikipedia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04/24/2017 08:54 AM, Andrew Bogott wrote:
>> - The new tools admin tool (https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org/) will
>> implement a tool request/approval/creation system that replaces the
>> wikitech 'service groups' feature for tool creation purposes.
>
> Does this mean that all tool creation and management of user access will
> be done through toolsadmin now?

Yes, before we remove service group management from wikitech it will
be implemented in Striker (the software that powers
https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org/). I have started working on these
features, but I don't even have basic patches up in gerrit yet. The
phab task for adding tool account management to Striker is
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T149458>.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]] Manager, Cloud Services          Boise, ID USA