[Labs-l] Potential new public DNS/proxy naming policies

Nils nils-k at teleos-web.de
Thu Mar 10 21:10:47 UTC 2016

At 09.03.2016, 16:46 Andrew Bogott wrote:
> (...)
> a) there will no longer be any foo.wmflabs.org records, only
> foo.<project>.wmflabs.org records.
> b) Existing records using the foo.wmflabs.org scheme will have to be
> migrated to a project-specific domain, or remain in a weird in-between
> state where only admins can see and edit them.
> c) If there are any existing subdomains that are shared between
> projects, they'll need to be untangled.
>

> So, tell me:  How much will this change hurt you, and how much will it
> hurt your users?  Please be as detailed as possible so that I have
> what I need to come up with compromise solutions.
> (...)
Meh, how would this affect mediawiki-vagrant? Vagrant with the
centralauth role uses <instancename>.wmflabs.org, so do I have to
recreate my isntance? Since I installed a lot there, I don't want to
have to recreate that. Or is there a possbility to rename a instance, or
solve this issue with another method?

--Luke