[Labs-l] Queries slow

Merlijn van Deen valhallasw at arctus.nl
Wed Sep 2 21:31:23 UTC 2015

On 2 September 2015 at 22:59, Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada <emijrp at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here is the code that access the database
> https://github.com/emijrp/wlm-maps/blob/master/ajaxmonuments.php

fwiw, the table you access doesn't seem to exist for me:

valhallasw at tools-bastion-01:~$ echo "select * from monuments_all limit 1;"
| mysql -h tools-db s51138__heritage_p
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 's51138__heritage_p.monuments_all'
doesn't exist

but the actual response shows

{"type":"FeatureCollection","features":[]}

I'm not sure why this happens, but it suggests an issue with the code.

(after trying this again just before sending the email: both the php script
and the select work correctly now)

> 2015-09-02 16:10:30: (server.c.1444) [note] sockets disabled, connection
> limit reached

This means your webservice is keeping more than 300 connections open, which
typically means somehow connections are not closed correctly, or a lot of
users trying to visit a slow webservice at the same time.

Merlijn