[Labs-l] puppetmaster::autosigner

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Fri Jul 3 14:07:44 UTC 2015

A note for admins of rare instances using role::puppet::self and
puppetmaster::autosigner:

We've recently changed the default behavior of the labs puppetmaster and
saltmaster to autosign by default.  That means that the
puppetmaster::autosigner class has disappeared.  On the other hand,
there's no a new class puppetmaster::certcleaner which cleans up invalid
certs.

So... for every project that used to use puppetmaster::autosigner, I've
disabled that class and enabled puppetmaster::certcleaner instead.  You
shouldn't need to do anything, just don't be confused if/when you note
that your puppet classes have changed.

-Andrew