[Labs-l] Partial outage in progress (resolved)

Nuria Ruiz nuria at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 18 15:58:40 UTC 2015

>http://tools.wmflabs.org/languagetool/ still shows just a white page.
Restarting Tomcat didn't help, and error.log contains no recent
information. "qstat -xml" says it's state="pending".

Look ports in the instance (netstat -putona). Chances are that tomcat
cannot re-start clean if if died in bad conditions. Please make sure that
tomcat ports are unocupied before you restart (normally this is 8080).