[Labs-l] Labs or Tool labs for building a new service/api

Daniel Friesen daniel at nadir-seen-fire.com
Sun Feb 8 04:42:42 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-07 7:28 PM, Yuvi Panda wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2015 8:30 AM, "Daniel Friesen" <daniel at nadir-seen-fire.com
> <mailto:daniel at nadir-seen-fire.com>> wrote:
> > Should I just request a new labs project or should I make an effort to
> > learn how to build something for tool labs?
>
> Use tool labs :) it shouldn't be that difficult for your use case

Ok, a few questions after reading the documentation.

Why doesn't Help:Tool_Labs acknowledge existence of any of the other
help pages? I went from the labs-l email on nodejs -> the
Help:Tool_Labs/Web#... page -> Then realized other help was in the Tool
Labs category.  ;)

I finally sound the part of documentation that talks about actual
databases for tools projects rather than access to replicated databases.
Is the local tools-db mysql or mariasql? Sequelize/Node.JS uses a
different connector for each.

Where's the documentation on the different folders/mountpoints? I need
to decide where to dump any cloned git repos. It's semi-ephemeral data
downloaded by the tool.