[Labs-l] Labs or Tool labs for building a new service/api

Legoktm legoktm.wikipedia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 03:59:12 UTC 2015

On 02/07/2015 07:00 PM, Daniel Friesen wrote:
> I convinced my boss to let me spend some unused work time trying to
> build a workaround for how messy it currently is to manage extensions
> (git with tags, git with REL#_##, git with master, extensions using
> composer, and static/ED extensions).
>
> Part of this will be a service with a cron job that uses the gerrit API,
> git clones extensions, and extracts certain metadata and exposes that
> info in an API.
> Naturally I think this should run somewhere on labs.

I'm currently working on something similar to replace the existing
ExtensionDistributor service that lives in labs, see [1].

The existing extdist code[2] might be useful if you want something that
just clones/updates extensions locally.

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ExtensionDistributor/tardist
[2] https://github.com/wikimedia/labs-tools-extdist

-- Legoktm