[Labs-l] Librsvg errors

Magog The Ogre magog.the.ogre at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 18:40:26 UTC 2015

I am looking to use librsvg to convert a raster image into png. I am
calling the command line version of librsvg directly from PHP. However,
librsvg is giving up because the file is too big. Notably, Wikimedia is
able to render the image. Here are the commands which caused the failure:

$ wget
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/USA_location_map_-_counties.svg
$ rsvg --width 800 --height 417 USA_location_map_-_counties.svg
USA_location_map_-_counties.png
Error reading SVG:Error domain 1 code 1 on line 203639 column 1 of
file:///data/project/magog/tmp/USA_location_map_-_counties.svg: internal
error: Huge input lookup

Is anyone enough of a librsvg guru to be able to point me to how Wikimedia
is able to render this PNG, but I am not? You can see the rendered file at
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:USA_location_map_-_counties.svg.

Thanks
Magog