[Labs-l] Labs migration starts on Tuesday

Marc-André Pelletier mpelletier at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 5 19:46:31 UTC 2014

On 03/05/2014 02:38 PM, Antoine Musso wrote:
> I will rebuild a full cluster from scratch in
> eqiad, verify it works then switch the DNS entries to the new cluster

That's a good way of doing it.

In our previous communications, we may have underemphasized the value of
creating the instances anew in eqiad if that is an option; not only will
you get fresh images to build your instances with a considerably more
up-to-date install of Precise, but the setting will be better optimized
for eqiad.

Another benefit is that this gives you a good oppotunity to validate
that your puppet configuration is valid and complete without affecting
the extant instances in pmtpa; giving you time to fix them.

-- Marc