[Labs-l] Labs migration starts on Tuesday

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Wed Mar 5 19:38:49 UTC 2014

Le 28/02/2014 16:59, Andrew Bogott a écrit :
> Starting on Tuesday, March 4th, the new Labs install in the eqiad data
> center will be open for business.  Two dramatic things will happen on
> that day:  Wikitech will gain the ability to create instances in eqiad,
> and wikitech will lose the ability to create new instances in pmtpa.
<snip>

Hello,

For the beta cluster, I will rebuild a full cluster from scratch in
eqiad, verify it works then switch the DNS entries to the new cluster.

Almost everything is puppetized. There are some minor culprits which I
am slowly identifying and fixing such as IP address changing and site
being eqiad instead of pmtpa.  Not much to worry about at this point.

There are two potential challenges though:

 - migrating the Lucid MySQL servers to use Precise and MariaDB
 - figure out the upload instance which is emulating the swift service
(deployment-upload.pmtpa.wmflabs)

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso