[Labs-l] displaying puppet status for each host

Tim Landscheidt tim at tim-landscheidt.de
Thu Jan 30 19:58:00 UTC 2014

Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf at free.fr> wrote:

>> I assume Ryan meant
>> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:NovaInstance
>> which has a column "Puppet status" ("ok"/"failed"/"stale").

> That is nice!

> Would it be possible to get notifications / emails whenever the status
> of puppet change on an instance?  Or maybe a daily report would be enough.

I believe Puppet status was monitored by
http://icinga.wmflabs.org/ along with basic stuff like disk
usage & Co., but it has been unavailable for some time now.
Alerts would be nice, but when Icinga was online, you could
just bookmark
http://icinga.wmflabs.org/cgi-bin/icinga/status.cgi?hostgroup=beta&style=detail
to get an overview of the status of the hosts in the Beta
project.

Tim