[Labs-l] Tools: Check your jsub invocations for paths

Tim Landscheidt tim at tim-landscheidt.de
Wed Feb 26 14:35:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

some time ago we moved jsub, jstart and jstop from
/usr/local/bin to /usr/bin.  We provided symlinks for back-
ward-compatibility.  These symlinks will disappear as part
of the move to the new data center.  So you need to make
sure that your tools work without them.

I've checked the crontabs on tools-login today for obvious
invocations and fixed the ones of:

- heb
- local-addbot
- local-addshore
- local-awstats
- local-bingle
- local-bugello
- local-cluebot
- local-hawk-eye-bot
- local-herculebot
- local-jackbot

Unfortunately, it is not possible to check all scripts, web
applications, etc., and external repositories are below the
horizon anyway, so you need to do it yourself:

- If you have hard-coded calls to /usr/local/bin/jsub (and
  jstart and jstop) in your programs, you need to change
  them to /usr/bin/jsub (and jstart and jstop).

- If you set $PATH in your programs explicitely and call
  jsub without path, you need to make sure that $PATH in-
  cludes /usr/bin.

Tim