[Labs-l] Are you ready for the migration?

Daniel Schwen lists at schwen.de
Tue Feb 11 22:05:57 UTC 2014

$ sudo easy_install pip --upgrade
Searching for pip
Best match: pip 1.5.2
Processing pip-1.5.2-py2.7.egg
pip 1.5.2 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
Installing pip script to /usr/local/bin
Installing pip2.7 script to /usr/local/bin
Installing pip2 script to /usr/local/bin

Using /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip-1.5.2-py2.7.egg
Processing dependencies for pip
Finished processing dependencies for pip
Searching for -upgrade
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/--upgrade/
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/-upgrade/
Couldn't find index page for '--upgrade' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/
No local packages or download links found for -upgrade
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('-upgrade')

Easy my a&& ;-)