[Labs-l] Wikimedia tool framework (php)

Hay (Husky) huskyr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 16:41:44 UTC 2014

I agree that it would be awesome to have a 'standard' way of doing
stuff on tools, but IMO it's one of those things that sounds wonderful
in theory, but is extremely difficult to accomplish in practice.

Actually, the #1 thing that would help us move forward is not a
standard framework, but better documentation. The attempts at
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Tool_Labs are nice, but far
from complete and novice-friendly, and they assume you already know a
lot about both Linux system administration and the Wikimedia setup.

Anyway, FWIW, the way i setup my tools is pretty forkable, and could
be used for those who want to have some inspiration on how to setup
their own stuff:

https://github.com/hay/wiki-tools

-- Hay