[Labs-l] Using data from a tool in a Wikimedia site

Darkdadaah darkdadaah at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 3 14:30:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

Nice! Do you think other wiktionaries could benefit from that as well?
Right now the tool heavily depends on a database built after parsing the French Wiktionary dump with some scripts I developed (they are available at https://github.com/Darkdadaah/anagrimes, for those interested). Because the Wiktionary projects have highly different layouts, using it for other languages would require writing a parser for each one. I may try to add other languages.

The web interface however could be used directly for any language (although I only created it in French for now).

> So: is it possible to do this (via e.g. CORS)

Exactly. Use CORS and relative URIs and it should be very secure, unless
your client side application has other flaws.

If you are looking for a sample application, have a look at FileAnalyzer:
This helps a lot! I already tested jsonp (thanks to Coren's indications), and I think I now have what I need to try CORS (which seemed more "standard" than Jsonp ?).Now I only need to write a proper API :-)
Thanks,Darkdadaah