[Labs-l] Performance at tool-labs compared with TS

Kolossos tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat May 4 23:37:37 UTC 2013

Hello,
I move my templatetiger scripts as first tool from toolserver to labs. I
compared performance of toolserver script[1] with that on labs[2]. To my
suprise the labs script needs significant longer. So toolserver script
needs 0.5 sec and labs script needs 5 sec. (Factor 10 !) If I increase
the limit from 30 to 300 the toolserver script needs 2 seconds, on labs
it need unacceptable 48 sec.

So something is going wrong.

I test a php script with a simple but long for-next-loop, both servers
react similar, so php seem not be the problem.
The queries directly on mysql-terminal are fast and seems not to be the
problem. So perhaps the interface is the problem. Other reason could be
that I work with SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS because Mysql had 2007 a bug with
sub-queries, perhaps this makes now problems at maria.

The php-script is simply a copy and I import the extracts of Alemannic
to the database in the same way. To load at toollabs were with 0.2
relative low.

What's the reason? Could somebody verify the behaviour I found.

Greetings Tim alias Kolossos

[1]http://toolserver.org/~kolossos/templatetiger/tt-table4.php?lang=alswiki&template=Gemeinde%20in%20Frankreich&where=&is=&&offset=240&limit=30

[2]http://tools.wmflabs.org/templatetiger/tt-table4.php?lang=alswiki&template=Gemeinde%20in%20Frankreich&where=&is=&&offset=30&limit=30