[Labs-l] Utility for tool removal

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Sat May 4 18:26:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

Because Coren is afk and I am too lazy to look up his e-mail :) I will
send this information here, it might interest all of tools users and
future admins in the end.

I created a tool called rmtool (source code
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/62236/1/bin/rmtool )

This utility is supposed be ran only by system admins to remove the
tool in case it is requested by its owner

BUT

it doesn't really removes it. From my experience I know that users may
want to restore it for some reason, they remember they forgot
something, or that they just want the tool back, so for this reason
the tool actually backup the database and move all files to
/data/project/removed_tools/$TOOL

So, if you were wondering, what the /data/project/removed_tools is,
that is where the dead tools are :)