[Labs-l] Slow steps ahead to merge bots and tools

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 13:58:06 UTC 2013

Okay, no doubt, it's easier for you to build the cluster in separate
project - but it will be far harder for bot operators to move all
their tools and databases across project.

I don't really see many problems with creating for example the
structure you have in your project on separate instances in bots
project and later, just switch the current execution nodes to another
master server and slowly reschedule all running tasks to new execution
nodes configured as you think it's best. That way all bot operators
wouldn't even notice the difference! They wouldn't need to anything at
all.

Or if that would be too much work, why not just to change the
configuration of current bots instances - I don't believe they are so
broken as you think. Since we launched bnr boxes - nobody who was
running anything there yet complained about any issues.