[Labs-l] LABS: removing some instances on bots project to save resources

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 22:29:37 UTC 2013

Because resources are expensive, we decided to make few huge instances
on bots project rather than ton of small as we have now.

So in upcoming weeks it would be cool to migrate all db's from sql1
sql2 and sql3 to bsql01 which has 16gb ram and 160gb storage

you might want to move your bots from rather testing instances bots-N
(1, 2...) to bots-bnr1 which is huge as well.

In a month or sooner, we could remove some of sql servers and some
bots-N servers.

In future, as Coren said, we will host bots on tool-lab I suppose we
will hear more about it from Coren in Amsterdam, so this is rather a
temporary workaround, though who knows, maybe we could keep bots
project in future to host some very special and specific bots, where
root access is needed for operators or dedicated instances, including
labs - dedicated bots, such as bottie, morebots etc