[Labs-l] File permissions

Hazard-SJ hazard_sj at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 7 04:31:37 UTC 2013

Hello, for the longest while now, I've been having issues with file permissions. I'm aware that we can't directly run chown (at least the last time I checked), but that there's a take command instead. I've been using that was a workaround everytime I edit or upload something, or clone or checkout something, sometimes having files owned by local-toolname rather than username.

Currently, I'm in a situation where this workaround isn't working around the problem. I've recently installed Pywikipedia version 2 ("rewrite") as a package, and it created ~/.pywikibot (a directory), with the owner and group as local-hazard-bot. I can neither change the permissions nor the owner via WinSCP nor command line (take gave no errors, but it just wasn't "taken". I've been trying to come in contact with either Coren or petan on IRC for some time now (I guess my timing is off, since I can never get them), so I'm still unable to rectify the situation.

Hazard-SJ