[Labs-l] Need help

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 14 14:22:06 UTC 2013

I have a script that creates a local git repository for a new tool of mine,
and adds a LICENSE file at the same time. The LICENSE file is from June 24,
and Tim says the corresponding git checkin contains the actual files. So,
the files appear to have been there on June 24.

The "broken" public_html inode dates April 16, as does the broken cgi-bin,
which could indicate an earlier date of (non-visible?) corruption. The tool
was originally created March 20.

Cheers,
Magnus

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Marc A. Pelletier <marc at uberbox.org> wrote:

> On 08/12/2013 11:08 AM, Magnus Manske wrote:
> > with ... some file that I (and the tool user) can't access. Random
> > people nuking my tools, WTF?
>
> I've seen this issue before, on XFS, while we were salvaging the
> filesystem when we had the problem with the buggy kernel that had caused
> some corruption.
>
> Are you certain that the files were correct before July 7th?  If they
> were, it means that the thin provisioning has issues unrelated to the
> kernel bug and I'll have to disable the feature (which is a shame,
> because it was really useful -- but reliability takes priority).
>
> -- Marc

undefined