[Labs-l] Licensing: CC vs. ODbL vs. ???

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 28 04:32:15 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM, aude <aude.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have also never been able to get a clear answer from Mike Godwin or Geoff.
> I think it would be super useful to have a Wikilegal page about this to help
> clarify any doubts and be able to point people to it:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikilegal

I agree that the specifics of compliant OpenStreetMap re-use under the
new licensing regime ought to be considered for the Wikilegal backlog.
I'm not sure what their capacity is right now, but I know that legal
in general is at 150% right now so it may not be possible for us to
dig into it anytime soon. This is something CC may be able to help
with as well.
--
Erik Möller