[Labs-l] Hardware issues on virt3 causing ongoing Labs downtime

Ryan Lane rlane32 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 10:15:59 UTC 2012

As a whole the compute clusters are overloaded. Unfortunately, virt3
seems to be having hardware issues (bad memory). We likely don't have
enough memory on the rest of the systems to move all of the instances
off of virt3. We have additional nodes to add to the compute cluster,
however, this hardware is new, and we haven't been able to install it
via PXE yet.

I'll try to migrate as many instances as possible, but some may not be
able to come back up till Monday, when we can get a chance to replace
the memory in virt3.

- Ryan