[Labs-l] New project request for MediaWiki extension for WebGL-enabled interactive 3D models

emw emw.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 00:11:59 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I think a media handling extension I've been working on is ready for
Wikimedia Labs.  I got developer access yesterday, and from reading over
https://labsconsole.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Getting_Started and the other
help content, I get the impression that I would need to have a new project
created for this extension.  I didn't see any instructions on how to do
that, so I figured I'd ask here for help on getting set up with a new
project.

My basic goal is to get this extension working on a staging environment
that's close to Wikimedia's. I'm not sure how relevant this is, but the
extension involves file uploading, and some processing is done upon
completing the upload to transform an effectively plain-text file into a
static image. A fuller description of the extension is here:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2012-April/060254.html.

I've got the extension working on Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric with MediaWiki 1.18
and (on another machine running Oneiric) 1.19. I've tentatively named the
extension "PDBHandler".

Thanks,
Eric
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Emw