[Labs-l] New-user experience on Wikimedia Labs

Fran McCrory fran at dumetella.net
Sat Dec 29 18:15:00 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 3:04 AM, Ryan Lane <rlane32 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you previously have SVN access? The process isn't as straightforward for users who previously had SVN access, since accounts must be linked; self-registration doesn't work for those users.

My Labs account was created for me back during the hackathon at
Wikimania D.C.; it wasn't self-registered. I was able to successfully
commit code to Gerrit and perform code reviews with my account.

> When you were given shell you were automatically added to the bastion project. That part worked properly. What didn't work for you?

Getting added to bastion definitely required a separate step for me.
My shell account request was processed on 2012-12-23 at 22:33, but I
wasn't on the bastion project (I checked the project page and wasn't
on it), and had to find someone on IRC that could manually add me; I
wasn't added to bastion until 2012-12-26 around 17:50.

-Fran