[Labs-l] Mysql version labs instance vs. wikidata.org

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:15:48 UTC 2012

On 14/12/12 15:20, Jeremy Baron wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2012 8:13 AM, "Silke Meyer" wrote:
>> but not the same
>> mysql version.
>> Our test instance/Ubuntu precise: 5.5.28-0ubuntu0.12.04.3
>> wikidata.org <http://wikidata.org>: 5.1.53-wm-log
>
> You can see the versions in use in prod @
> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#q,Iecc07bd59e75c289c9cb63529f14a083acb4b2d4,n,z
> (the package names for most prod instances is near the new packages
> names for servers that have been chosen for testing)
>
> see also some of the related followups @
> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/owner:asher,n,z
>
> All of those package names (the new ones and the original ones) should
> be installable from apt on labs just like any other package. Looping in
> asher to give some actual advice on which to have installed.
>
> -Jeremy

In general, labs should use the same version than wikimedia. For
projects which try to test a behavior, discovering that feature X they
used is not available / was much slower in the release version used on
WM should not happen when going to production.

I guess the recommended mysql server at this point would be mariadb.