[Gendergap] Kelly Wearstler

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 13:25:12 UTC 2011

A few weeks ago Kelly Wearstler was brought up on list regarding Playboy
centerfolds. An argument was taking place on her talk page between two users
- one an advocate for using the Playboy infobox with chest size as the
infobox for Wearstler, a world famous fashion and interior designer (to be
honest, I had no clue who she was until I researched her, heh).  I snuck in
and added a normal biographical infobox and Wikipedians proved the Playboy
user wrong - he had declared that the only information he could find online
was content about her being a Playboy model (which she posed for once, as a
centerfold, to pay off her student loans and start her own business).

Well, they were wrong (they must have been searching for her name and
"Playboy")...and, now she's a DYK for her interior design, not her
Playboyness ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Wearstler

Go team!

I love that we can share interesting, not so interesting, or troublesome
articles and fix them up and expand content. Just one of the reasons why
this is my favorite list <3

-Sarah

--
GLAMWIKI Partnership Ambassador for Wikimedia <http://www.glamwiki.org>
Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American