[Gendergap] Fwd: The Feminist Movement in Museum Technology startstoday at the Smithsonian!

Daniel and Elizabeth Case dancase at frontiernet.net
Fri Sep 23 16:39:42 UTC 2011

The GLAM industry is a female dominated industry, and this is the first conference of it's type to examine feminism, technology and museum culture. I encourage you all to follow the conference throughout the weekend...

-Sarah

       As an aside, I've noticed how a lot of active female editors are themselves GLAM-sector people in their "day jobs" as it were, or have editing interests that correspond to it.

        I strongly suspect that our GLAM outreach projects may be one of the best things we have done, and continue to do, to increase female participation.

        Daniel Case