[Gendergap] "beauty" project

Daniel and Elizabeth Case dancase at frontiernet.net
Thu Sep 15 05:06:01 UTC 2011

  Sarah:

  I've been spending a little bit of time this evening looking at beauty related topics. I noticed most of them aren't tagged with any projects.  I looked at WP:Fashion, which specifically focuses on style/clothing/etc. I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised there isn't a "Beauty and Personal Care" type of project, or something...it'd be a great and prime category to get beauty and make-up junkies (it's a cult!) to participate. The category could even cover holistic body care, spa treatment, relaxation..and perhaps similar subjects.

  Myself:

  Early on in WP:FASHION, I suggested some internal subdivisions within the project into task forces/working groups/whatever we call them, that included one for beauty: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Fashion/Archive_1#Possible_future_divisions_of_responsibility

  I suppose if more people had been involved at the time, this might have actually happened. I somewhat grandiosely believed that the project could draw in as many editors as WP:MILHIST, which probably has more such subgroups (and active ones at that) than any other WikiProject (with WP:RAIL being close behind).

  And it still could ...

  Daniel Case