[Gendergap] CBC Radio on Wikipedia's Gender Gap

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:55:37 UTC 2011

Awesome! I love how you compared the beginning of the list to the second
stage movement <3

Preaching the importance and social impact of the work we are doing - I'm
really glad you touched on this. I noticed when I did my interview with the
WMF storytellers that I got very emotional about the impact I feel my work
is doing. Just like invitations, I wholeheartedly agree about this.  (I also
see the use of social impact in my work within museum studies; it's an
imperative tool in strategic planning and pitching projects, in a female
dominated community).

Any chance for a transcription in the near future?

-Sarah

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> http://www.cbc.ca/spark/2011/09/sue-gardner-on-wikipedias-gender-gap/
>
> This is me being interviewed by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
> about our gender gap. It's raw (uncut) tape so it's long -- I am
> guessing about 20 minutes. But you will probably find it interesting,
> due to the topic and also the fact that --although I don't name
> anybody-- I talk at some length about this list :-)
>
> (You might disagree with how I characterize what's happening here --
> i.e., I think I say at one point that the list has been sometimes
> 'hilarious,' and I realize I may be alone in thinking that. It's fine
> if you disagree, but I hope nobody finds what I said offensive -- it's
> meant affectionately, and with respect.)
>
> Thanks,
> Sue
>

> --
>
> Sue Gardner
> Executive Director
> Wikimedia Foundation
>
> 415 839 6885 office
> 415 816 9967 cell
>
> Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
>
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

GLAMWIKI Partnership Ambassador for Wikimedia <http://www.glamwiki.org>
Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American
Art<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SarahStierch>
and
Sarah Stierch Consulting
*Historical, cultural & artistic research & advising.*