[Gendergap] So this is how Commons works?

Sarah slimvirgin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:57:43 UTC 2011

I wonder whether it would be worth developing a guideline, or just
writing an essay about it on Commons. Trouble is, I know so little
about how the Commons works -- I don't even know how to find their
list of policies.

My thinking is that voyeurism is increasingly becoming a criminal
offence, and an essay about it might help to identify the kinds of
images we should be wary of uploading. For example, in the UK, a
person commits a criminal offence if:

"(a) he records another person (B) doing a private act,

"(b) he does so with the intention that he or a third person will, for
the purpose of obtaining sexual gratification, look at an image of B
doing the act, and

"(c) he knows that B does not consent to his recording the act with
that intention."

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/67

The problem with all of this on Wikimedia is the anonymity factor.
People could say "I am the model and I hereby give consent." I don't
know how we get round that.

Sarah