[Gendergap] Wikimania 2011 - Proposals

Sarah Stierch sarah at sarahstierch.com
Thu Mar 24 16:14:14 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I just submitted my presentation proposal for Wikimania 2011 ("Wikimedia
and Indigenous Peoples: Pros, Cons and Community" -
http://tinyurl.com/4locvze), and was curious about any other proposals -
either submitted by women, or about gender related topics and Wikimedia.

I encourage you to take a look, and if you hope to attend the conference
(even if you've applied for funding) sign your username to the bottom of
the talks you have interest in attending to show your support.  This
list could be limited, as some names aren't always easy to decipher
gender from, so please bear with me and contribute if anything is missing!

You can view all of the submissions here: http://tinyurl.com/694hzu8

/Integrating Wikipedia Projects in Technology Courses - Lessons Learned
and Unexpected Pedagogical Values Gained /by Kari Walters (Luskari)
http://tinyurl.com/4jlkaqo

/The Wikiclinic Project/ by Claudia Ivette Herman & Vladimir Herman
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_Wikiclinic_Project

/What Readers Want/ by Christine Moellenberndt
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/What_Readers_Want

/Everything You Know About Wikipedia is Wrong/ by Mindspillage,
Fluffernutter, Ironholds, and Kim Bruning
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Everything_You_Know_About_Wikipedia_Is_Wrong

/Intercultural Issues Across Wikimedia Projects/ by Delphine Menard
(Notafish)
http://tinyurl.com/4zjqtfd

/New opportunities in GLAM-Wiki collaboration/ by Lori Phillips (HstryQT)
http://tinyurl.com/4hxaefw

/Wiki-based National Content Development/ by Susanna Mkrtchyan
http://tinyurl.com/6dn3wc3

/Article Creation in the University Composition Classroom /by Lynn Marie
Hamilton
http://tinyurl.com/5t7zwkd

There are no presentations that directly reflect women and their roles
in Wikipedia, to my surprise! Again, if I missed someone, I apologize!

Sarah

--
Sarah Stierch Consulting
Historical, cultural & artistic research, advising & event planning.