[Gendergap] Visible female faces for Wikim/pedia

Juliana da Costa José julianadacostajose at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 20 12:00:15 UTC 2011

Hello,

my problem in Wikipedia is, that we have not many rolemodels who are
not very known outside of the Wikim/pedia world. The only one, who is
constant in media is Sue.
Sue is wonderful, but where are the other faces of Wikim/pedia? Where
are the other women, why are they hiding?

Ok, we had a Wikimedia-Clip made last year with some female faces. I
like this clip very much, but there you see more male faces than
female again and for animate women to envolve themselves, it is too
special and for my taste too  "Wikim/pedia-exclusive".

My oppinion is, if we want to win females, we need more visible female
Wikim/pedians.

Just my 2 cents.

J.