[Gendergap] Helping get a female sport article to GA article status

Laura Hale laura at fanhistory.com
Fri Mar 11 05:00:49 UTC 2011

Hey,

I'm trying to get http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netball to good article
status and hopefully to featured article status.  The discussion is at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Netball/GA1

The literature about netball when you start getting into media
representation basically follows similar themes:  Because this is a women's
sport, it doesn't get media coverage.  Because it is a non-Olympic sport, it
gets ignored in a wider sporting history. Because it is a women's sport, it
doesn't have the documented history.  It is a women's sport and should be
celebrated as such, not being forced to conform to male models.

I'm having issues with the Good Article review.  I've never done this before
and I'm feeling a bit frustrated.  I can't figure out if I frustrated
because:

* I think I'm right and he's completely wrong; OR
* the reviewer is not communicating clearly; OR
* the reviewer is treating this sport by standards that would be applied to
men's sport that shouldn't be applied to women's sport; OR
* I've never gone through this before and my expectations are incorrect.

Does anyone have any insight into this situation?  Or can anyone provide
assistance in helping edit the article to help get it through the GA
process?  I feel like I keep taking information out of the article and
taking information out and I'm not certain why we're constantly removing
information from the article or how to get information that no matter how
much searching I can't find.

Sincerely,
Laura Hale

--